AIMS Power 3000 Watt Pure Sine Inverter Charger
The 3000 watt 12 volt low frequency AIMS Power inverter charger is two products in one.
- The inverter transforms DC (direct current) power stored by batteries into AC (alternating current) electricity that can be used to power tools and appliances of all varieties.
- It also has a built-in 100 amp battery charger which uses AC power, like from the grid or from a fuel-powered generator, that can be used to recharge a battery bank as well. The battery-type selector on the top of the unit allows the ability to adjust the voltage provided to the bank.
Popular applications for this inverter include: off-grid home or business back up power, providing electricity for a mobile business or mobile office, and running camping equipment. The inverter accepts 12 volts DC, which makes it great for vehicle upfitting as well as boat and RV applications that use a 12 volt battery system. The inverter outputs 120 volts AC.
The most popular feature of this unit is the direct connect terminal block, which allows a 300 percent surge capacity for up to 20 seconds. When using the terminal block, this inverter peaks at 9000 watts with the power to run many tools and appliances with a startup surges, such as a refrigerators, freezers, microwaves and blow dryers.
Combine this inverter charger with a deep-cycle battery bank for off-grid, mobile and emergency backup power.
If you are looking for an inverter with similar capabilities but with smaller wattages2000 watt low frequency AIMS Power inverter charger or the 1000 watt low frequency AIMS Power inverter charger.
The low frequency label has been given to this inverter because of the lowered level of total harmonic distortion (THD) produced during the DC to AC inversion process. This allows for a cleaner transfer of energy, which increases efficiency, and it also provides a quieter performance.
The marine-coated or conformal-coated boards also make this inverter great for mobile and/or coastal applications, as it protects the product from dust or water vapor that may be present in the air. This inverter will also run powerful tools like most electric chainsaws, portable grinders, shop vacs, and more.
It also features one GFCI power outlet with two receptacles for easy, safe access to the usable AC current, which allow for a peak of 1,500 watts. *Important to remember: the ac outlets have no surge capacity, so you must use the direct connect terminal block to harness the surge capabilities of this inverter.
Tools with higher startup surges like a well pumps and air compressors may require an upgrade to the 6000 watt low frequency AIMS Power inverter charger.
This 3000 watt inverter charger produces a pure sine wave, which some appliances require for use. So it can run laser jet printers, computers, televisions, CPAP machines and other medical equipment. In the event of a power outage, this inverter combined with a battery bank can be used to power a few lights, a refrigerator and perhaps a few other necessities. ***Just always be sure to check the wattage requirements of the appliances being used before powering them with any inverter. ***
During a big storm that knocks out electricity, a battery-bank and power inverter running a sump pump could be the difference that saves a home from flooding. The power to run a heater could save someone thousands of dollars by keeping plumbing pipes from freezing.
Also great for emergency backup power applications is the automatic transfer switch on this unit, which keeps the power supply uninterrupted in the event of an outage. With the inverter hooked up to shore power, it will detect the loss of electricity and start pulling energy from a connected battery bank instead to keep the power supply constant.
This inverter also has an optional remote port, allowing you to turn the product on and off from a distance.Features:
- 3000 watt low frequency inverter
- 9000 watt surge for 20 seconds -3x surge capability
- Battery priority selector
- AC direct connect terminal block
- GFCI - 15 amps
- Marine coated and protected
- Multi stage smart charger 100 Amp charges gel, AGM, lead and lithium LiFePO4
- Remote panel available
- Auto gen start
- Auto frequency
- 10msec typical transfer time
- Selectable 25W power save mode (hibernation)
- 7 battery type settings for charger
Inverter Output Specifications:
- Continuous Output Power: 3000 Watts
- Surge Rating: 9000 Watts (20 Seconds)
- Output Waveform: Pure Sine/Same as input (Bypass Mode)
- Nominal Efficiency: >88% (Peak)
- Line Mode Efficiency: >95%
- Output Frequency: 50Hz +/- 0.3Hz / 60Hz +/- 0.3Hz
- Typical Transfer Time: 10ms (Max)
- Bypass Terminal Breaker: 40 amps
- THD: < 10% DC
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 14 Degree Fahrenheit to 122 Degree Fahrenheit (-10 Degree Celsius to 50 Degree Celsius)
- Nominal Input Voltage: 12.0Vdc
- Minimum Start Voltage: 10.0Vdc
- Low Battery Alarm: 10.5Vdc-11.0Vdc
- Low Battery Trip: 10.0Vdc-10.5Vdc
- High Voltage Alarm: 16.0Vdc
- Low Battery Voltage Restart: 13.3Vdc
- Charger Breaker - 30 amps
- Idle Consumption: 55 Watts
- Power Saver Mode Idle Consumption: 21.7 Watts
- Output voltage: Depends on battery Type
- Charger Rate: 100A
- Unit Weight: 58 lbs.
- Unit Size L x W x H: 16.48 x 8.74 x 7.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 64 lbs.
- Shipping L x W x H 23.5 x 13.0 x 12.5 inches